A private forum based on the magic of Hogwarts and the next generation.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
THE SUMMER HOLIDAY'S ARE HERE. PACK UP YOUR TRUNK AND HEAD HOME BECAUSE SCHOOL IS CLOSING FOR THE SUMMER. WHETHER YOU WANT TO HIT THE BEACH, SPLASH IN THE POOL OR GET AHEAD IN YOUR HOMEWORK - MAKE THE MOST OF THE TIME BEFORE TERM IS HERE AGAIN!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Working out (Open)
by Jamie Summers Sun May 14, 2017 3:18 am

» The Magnificent Quartet (Fred/James/Jason/Lexi)
by Victoire Weasley Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Share | 

Working out (Open)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Working out (Open)   Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:05 am

The trio had been making their way through London. Heading for the outskirts as that was the safest way. They were just passing along the side of someone's garden, sticking closer to the hedge, when Fei tripped and hit the ground with a thump. She felt a sharp pain in her ankle and when she tried to get back to her feet she let out a cry of pain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kua, Li-Jian

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Li turned back the instant Fei stumbled, a concerned expression on his features. He waited for her to stand up but when she wasn't able to he went back to join her. He crouched to look at her ankle. He didn't really know what he was looking for, unless there was an obvious injury. But he thought he should check just in case.

Jamie didn't notice straight away - still chatting cheerily away - until she heard the cry of pain. She came to a stop and hurried back. "You okay?" She asked hurriedly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:56 pm

"It hurts" Fei quietly admitted. Her ankle was already going red and starting to swell. "I don't think I can walk ..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kua, Li-Jian

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:20 pm

Li considered a moment and decided it wasn't broken - she'd be in more pain if it was. She'd probably just sprained it or pulled it badly or something. Which meant she didn't need a doctor - which was good - but that she needed to rest, which was less good. Li considered a minute and then decided, "We should find somewhere to stay for the day so she can rest. I can carry her there, but there's no way I can carry her all day..."

Jamie glanced around and said, "If you stay with her for a bit, I can find us somewhere."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:28 pm

Fei winced slightly as she moved. She had noticed a gap in the hedge further down. "It looks like this person has a massive garden. The hedge goes down for ages ... maybe we could just go in there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kua, Li-Jian

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:30 pm

"You don't think the owner might find us?" Jamie asked, unsure. She'd learned that the more expansive people's property, the angrier they got if they found people trespassing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:35 pm

"If we stayed near the gap" Fei suggested thinking about it. "Plus it looks like its going to rain. If we stayed under a tree near the gap ... maybe?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kua, Li-Jian

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:01 pm

"I don't know..." Jamie started.

But Li cut her off and said, "I think that's a good idea." He shot Jamie a meaningful look.

Jamie bit her lip as she considered them and then nodded a bit and conceded, "Okay."

Li gave her a slight smile, gratefully, and then turned around and requested, "Can you get on my back?" He wanted to get her over to their hiding spot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:03 pm

Fei used the bush to get to her feet and, struggling slightly and then managed to wrap her arms around Li's neck and hold on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kua, Li-Jian

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:46 pm

Li struggled to his feet, grabbing her legs to help keep her up. He made his way slowly over to the tree before staggering a bit as he tried to kneel down to make it easier for Fei to get off.

"I got her," Jamie said softly, reaching out a hand to help Fei get off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:49 pm

Fei rested against the tree. She then commented "we probably should have grabbed some food ... rather than leaving straight away."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kua, Li-Jian

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:54 pm

"Well, I could go find us some food," Jamie said hesitantly. She looked over at the distant house and swallowed slightly as she said, "But I kind of think we should stay together right now..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:58 pm

Fei winced again. Her ankle was really hurting and she was tired and hungry. "Okay."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kua, Li-Jian

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:03 am

Li considered, following Jamie's gaze. He wasn't so sure it was that big of a deal, but he knew Jamie had more experience on the streets than he. Still, he felt awful not being able to take care of Fei. "You should go," he finally decided. "I can look after Fei."

Still unsure, Jamie looked to Fei for confirmation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:08 am

"You would be best at it" Fei agreed with a half-smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jamie Summers

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:56 am

Jamie bit her lip but nodded. "Okay. I'll be back in a bit." She got to her feet and started away, throwing one last worried look at the house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:04 am

Fei's ankle was very swollen by this point and a dark bruise was forming down on side of it. "Have we thought about where were going to stop?" Fei found herself asking in a quiet tone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kua, Li-Jian

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:07 pm

"I'm not sure," Li admitted. "Have you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:27 pm

"No" Fei admitted. "I don't know what were going to do ..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jamie Summers

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:45 pm

Li nodded and decided, "We'll figure it out tomorrow." He was too hungry and tired to think right now. Now he'd stopped moving, he desperately wanted to sleep. His eyes drooped slightly and he leaned back against the tree.

--

Jamie was carefully approaching the house, looking for their dumpster. Wealthy places like this were always throwing out perfectly good food that she and the other two could use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Fei too seemed to be close to falling asleep. So she accepted this comment easily.

----------

Gwendolyn had been sitting in a tree in the garden when she noticed Fei. She was the only child at home and her mother was talking to Angelina about something near the cottage so Gwendolyn had come to her favourite tree. Sliding down from the tree she approached Jamie and asked 'what are you doing? Whatever it is I won't tell.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jamie Summers

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:09 pm

Jamie considered the little girl, glancing between her and the house, unsure. But if she lived here... maybe they could get some real food tonight. So, biting her lip slightly, she asked the kid, "You sure you can keep a secret?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:11 pm

'I could' Gwendolyn stoutly answered 'if anyone ever told me one. But people don't. Cos I am little.' She took a couple of steps closer. 'Whats the secret?'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jamie Summers

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:19 pm

Jamie crouched so she was at eye-level with the girl. Bringing her voice to little more than a whisper she said, "Me and my friends - we ran away. And we need food. Do you think you could get us some?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tai, Lie Fei

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Gwendolyn considered this. She then answered 'okay. But I will have to be careful. Mama doesn't like me snacking.' She then added 'be right back' and hurried away across the grass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Working out (Open)   

Back to top Go down

Working out (Open)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next